Monday, February 24, 2014

American Indian Myths and Legends Ed. by Richard Erdoes & Alfonso Ortiz

I found this text interesting because it talk about native american cultures and their beliefs how they talk about the sun, moon ,water and wind with value. I also like how they call everything spirit as if everything had a meaning or a purpose. I like the myth "When Grizzlies Walk Upright " in this reading because it explained the way the Indians were created as people.The grizzly and a human falling in love, the idea of the creation of the first Native American ancestors made me connect to a movie I watched where it is about god creating Adam and he was the only human then he create Eve to company him and they were in love and they were the first creation of human life. I think it is amazing how till this day this myth still has affects on Native American regardless of how long it has been. They still do not kill grizzlies because they believe that this story is real.
Also, reading this text connects to what i said on the last post #3 where native american's were forced into converting in to Christianity and changing and erasing there actual history.

No comments:

Post a Comment