Thursday, February 27, 2014

“A Rhetorical and Sociolinguistic Model for the Analysis of Narrative” by Karen Ann Watson

In this text, “A Rhetorical and Sociolinguistic Model for the Analysis of Narrative” by Karen Ann Watson, I didn't like it. It was hard for me to understand this text I felt like there was a lot of things going on and alot of different titles and authors name beginning throw around in this text and she supports her argument by agreeing or disagreeing with the resources she puts in her text.I agree with her when she states Claude Levi-Strauss piece, "The Structural Study of Myth"  where it says "myth is language...it is a part of human speech"(244). I also feel like myth is a language because different myths can be only understood by different ethnicity. In different cultures there are different myths even if in some other culture the myths can be similar to your culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment